Podcast: Play in new window | Download0:30 - Kim's FREE ebook "Discipline and Finding Your Edge"
1:05 - Grant Williams introduction
2:30 - The first 'real' bear market in 20 years
4:59 - Why sophisticated investors are suffering in the current market
7:50 - Grant's mindset techniques
11:08 - How long is the bear market going to last?
14:05 - Do American investors and traders view markets differently than those in other countries?
15:20 - 1 million downloads of his podcast — what's Grant's secret?
18:50 - Where does Grant go for his information?
22:45 - Grant's experience in the global markets and its effect on him
24:52 - Grant shares his most memorable interviews
29:05 - Over to the live recording from Twitter Spaces, where Grant addresses the state of the economy & more
Grant Williams’ Market and Mindset Wisdom
Grant Williams has spent 35 years in finance in a variety of global financial centers, building the kind of network and career that people only dream of. Perhaps you know him as the author and publisher of the wildly popular newsletter “Things That Make You Go Hmmm…” or as the host of the “The Grant Williams Podcast.” Or maybe you know him from his twin Real Vision interview series, “In Conversation With…” and “On the Road,” or perhaps his new series of video conversations, “About Time,” which continues that legacy.
He also acts as senior advisor to Matterhorn Asset Management AG in Switzerland and strategy advisor to Vulpes Investment Management in Singapore.
No matter how you cut it, Grant Williams is an expert in his field, and he has a LOT to say about the market, mindset, and the incredible power of curiosity.
Grant is known for his interviewing skills — today, Kim turns the tables and puts Grant in the hot seat. Here’s what you’ll discover in this action-packed episode:
What To Expect in This Episode
- Grant believes that as traders and investors, “the first duty we all have is to not suffer big losses.” That being said, this bear market is different. Grant offers plenty of sage advice to help traders approach the current market, and shares why even experienced traders are struggling. Plus, learn why the “Just wait til it gets back to even” mindset is very dangerous thinking.
- Speaking of mindset, Grant talks about his personal mindset tricks. Early on his his career, he experienced the 1987 trading crash. He was “standing around in a daze wondering what happened.” That experience taught him viscerally that crashes can happen. He explains the “problematic” side of a market like we experienced in 2020, and how “repetition and recognizing situations, recognizing how you are reacting to certain things that are happening to you” is key if you want to keep growing.
- If you don’t make the same mistake twice, then every mistake is perfectly acceptable. Trading it takes more than once for those lessons to be learned and that’s OK as long as you avoid that catastrophic loss.
- A frank and detailed discussion about recent crypto losses, the nature of bear markets, and the importance of having the courage to lose money.
- The “impossible” question of how long the bear market will last and why there could be a shift from intangibles to “real value.”
Grant’s podcast has over a million downloads — after you experience this explosive interview, it’s not hard to see why. Be sure to listen to the entire interview to learn from this market master!